Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week 2: 2007 World Population (by Country)


This is my map for the Week 2 assignment. Following the instructions provided in the assignment, I had the opportunity to find a variety of tools that are useful in developing and presenting an informative map. I was concerned because when I changed the page layout to landscape, the map layer (countries) seemd to be bounded by a large zone on the top and bottom of the map (world ocean). My concern was that in order to fit it into the map, I could not find a "crop" function...and so, instead, I highlighted the map figure and pulled it down to size to the the landscape layout. By doing this, don't I alter the dimensions of the map? (i.e. how do I lock the X and Y coordinates so they will scale proportionally?). The map still looks very similar to the output example in the exercise. ...and the journey continues... :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read Dilys Bowman's comments about inserting the legend on the map. That's great to be thinking about the map's usefulness...the numbers on the legend are very long and cumbersome...I wonder how they could be modify so they fit well in the map. Thanks for thinking about it Dilys!

    ReplyDelete